ZAON PCAS XRX

I was the one who managed to buy Scott's Zaon XRX. Thanks only to fortuitous timing. The asking price was a no-brainer even though I wasn't in the market, I immediately offered to buy it. And I already own both a Zaon MRX and a SkyguardTWX ADS-B system. So why buy the XRX? Because on the ground at my airport (77S) an ADS-B receiver can't pick up the signal from any nearby towers (there are hills in the way), so it only detects aircraft in the pattern or nearby that have ADS-B out. And few do. Whereas the Zaon machines listen for the radar triggered transponder replies from those aircraft, which ARE easily received while I'm on the ground even where radio shadowing blocks ADS-B tower transmissions.

Once I get the XRX sometime next week I'll put my MRX up fo sale here (offers will not be considered or accepted prior to that post.) I suggest anyone interested in getting a Zaon unit might consider posting a "XRX wanted; willing to pay $X" request to the classifieds. It sounds like some people own them that have no use for them anymore but haven't bothered to put them up fo sale.

Back