400 hours.. But no PPL

Hi guys,

I need advice on this one....I am flying on and off since 1992. I bought my own plane and I have about 400 hours of PIC. The only problem is that I dont have a license! I passed the written test two times but both expired after two years. Now I have an instructor that is preparing me for the checkride.

My question is.... How do I log the almost 400 hours that I have flown? I have no idea if I can legally log all those hours.... Please let me know if I have any options.....

Thanks!

Pragmatically speaking you shouldn't log any of the hours not endorsed by a CFI. If you already have unendorsed hours in the same physical book as the endorsed hours, you've got a difficult to hide collection of evidence of violations of the regulations (read through 61.3 and 61.89 for specifics.)

Unregistered said:
I have two logbooks, one legal and the real one. My question is that after passing my checkride.. Can I legally log those hours? I want to get my IFR rating also. BTW, I file IFR and fly approaches to minimuns......
You were in violation of the regs when you flew those hours and nothing you do can undue that. At this point you would simply be making a confession of unlawful activity by making them available for viewing by others.

Back