Barnacles and MH370

Not much new except the guy who attached the comment that said "What if that plane was so F'n high that it just left the gravitational pull of the earth???!?"
Always good to see some humor. At least I hope it was intended as such.

Always good to see some humor. At least I hope it was intended as such.

I hope that was humorous as well, but in context I am not entirely sure it was a joke.

I searched the internet for the comment a discussion thread from ten years ago came up: Old Thread

Theory: "I'll throw something else out there. What if the plane never came back to ground but instead kept climbing, to the point it left earth's atmosphere? I know that a space shuttle has insane amounts of thrust/force/speed to get off the ground and into space, but could a plane, already traveling at 40,000 feet doing 500+mph pull the nose up and just keep going? What if that plane was so f***ing high that it just left the gravitational pull of the earth???!?"

Response: "I had some similar thoughts the other day.. I don't know if that is technically possible or not via science/physics, but it sure seems like a possible idea to me."

Response Two: "you realize the cabin would crack and depressurize and tear itself apart (ala payne stewart) before it could make it out of this atmosphere? As wild as it may sound, there are legitimate safety reasons why Jet Blue doesn't have planes going to the moon."

. . . so yeah

Back