Best way to prepare for private written?

Giannid

I'm working towards getting my ppl and would to get the written done while the weather is still bad in Ohio. Have the Jeppesen books and test guide that I've been reading. Was wondering what the best way to attack this thing is? I've also seen that they have the weekend courses that they offer that you can take the test after your done with the class while everything is still fresh. The one instructor I fly with has done some ground school with me. I'm obviously not ready to take the test yet. Seems like he's not really liking to teach ground school. I have another instructor that will do the ground but is not very flexible. Another guy that got his private just said he studied the ASA test guide for 2 days and did fairly well. Just wondering what worked for some of you guys and what you recomend. Thanks

I bought the Gleim "Complete Private Pilot Kit" last year and found their test prep software a great way to prepare for the written. The Gleim test prep software can be purchased separately from the kit, so you don't have to pay the price for all the stuff you get in their kit. The test prep software contains pretty much the entire set of test questions and you do have to attempt to answer them all (pays to read the Gleim study material.) On completion it will generate an endorsement you can print and take to a test center; no need to convince an instructor you know your stuff.

I managed to screw up only one of the 60 questions on my written.

Back