Best way to study for the FAA written

AndrewB

Hello everyone!
I have now started flight school, (Just had my 3rd lesson today) And I've done quite a bit of studying for the FAA written, but I don't have a very good memory, making it quite a bit of a challenge. I know it's not required until the end of your training, but I'd like to get it done ASAP. I've taken a few FAA written practice tests, and have mainly been scoring in the 50s and 60s.. I know that's really bad, but I'm trying my best to get better.

For studying, I have the Sporty's Learn to fly course, and the ASA private pilot kit.
I'd also like to add that I'm doing home study, and not ground lessons with a CFI.

Anyone have any recommendations for studying? Is there a good way to learn all the material if you have a bad memory? Will just continuing to watch the Sporty's videos be all I need, or should I use other material for studying?

Thank you all for your time!

I also used Gold Seal for the private and did well. If you already have the Sporty’s you could do that and then use the Dauntless software to practice and memorize the answers. Their question deck is quite good and their practice modes can definitely help with the memorization part.

Back