Call it off?

blazer003

Checkride, or no checkride? My CFI gets home tonight or tomorrow morning, and I haven't been able to contact him. We've already checked everything off and my checkride is scheduled for tomorrow (Tuesday) and the temp here in Oregon at 10 a.m. is scheduled to be an unseasonably cold 20 degrees (F) with clear skies, becoming broken at 10,000 by 1:00 p.m. A relative humidity of 70% and a dewpoint of 17, with the spread getting wider as the day heats up and the dewpoint drops. Here's what I'm looking at.

(EDIT - Well it's changed since I was looking at it 15 minutes ago. Now looking even more iffy.)

http://www.usairnet.com/cgi-bin/launch/code.cgi?Submit=Go&sta=KUAO&state=OR

Ultimately my CFI and I will make the call, but just curious, until I get a hold of him, what you guys think. If you looked at the weather and were scheduled to fly VFR in a plane not equipped for icing conditions, would you go? Should I keep planning on taking it tomorrow? Are these borderline icing conditions? I'm just too new, but if you guys say, no way. Those are very sketchy, I'll call up the examiner and reschedule, and not wait for my CFI (I figure more heads up the better for the examiner.) Also, keep in mind, I have no experience flying in weather below 40 to this point as everything has been this summer and fall.

Thanks guys!

-Matt

Back