Can a cop catch more than one speeder/traffic violator?

N918KT

Here's a question that I have been pondering about for a little bit. Suppose a police car is parked on the side of the highway trying to catch drivers speeding and other traffic violations. What would happen if there are multiple drivers speeding or multiple drivers committing traffic violations? A single police car can't pull over all of the violators, can they? Or do they send more police cars to pull over the traffic violators, one police car for each speeder/traffic violator?

Dr. O said:
Actually saw a speed trap that gave you a chance
Officer by the roadside at the end of a long straight just before a big curve, very visible and running a radar
Of course everyone slowed up just before they passed him
Then those that got back on the throttle going around the curve - assuming their PassPort was still beeping from his radar - found 5 state prowl cars around the bend with a second radar gun pickin-em off (like pass shooting ducks)
The look on some of those driver's faces - priceless - as I swept by exactly 2 mph under the limit
Valentine One radar detector seems to be the second best antidote to that sort of trap, not speeding being the first. The V1 will tell you the quadrant a radar signal is coming from and the number of radar transmitters if more than one detected. I think the patent Mike Valentine had on the idea may have finally expired.

Back