Certificated Pilot, Discover Diagnoses from Childhood

AnonymousP

So as the title says, I'm a young, certificated (CFI, CFII, MEI) pilot. I hold a 1st class, first medical. Filled out MedXpress "to the best of my knowledge".

Recently discovered that the therapists (otherwise nonreportable, it was family counseling) my family saw during my teenage years gave me an official depression diagnosis. Medicated, single SSRI. No suicidal attempts. One hospital inpatient for depressive episode. Less than 6 months of medication. Happened almost a decade ago. Confirmed with records from caregiver. One note for digestive issues. No reoccurences or symptoms since. No other medical/crime/ticket issues. Certificates in good standing.

Turns out this is an omission, inadvertently, on the 8500. I obviously had planned on this being a career as I invested a significant amount of money in my training. I'd like to rectify with the FAA and try to get a SI so that I can continue with the career. Grounded myself since I learned of it. Hoping to get a chime in from Dr. Chien before I reach out directly.

Back