Check Ride is Friday!

wannagofishing

So, I'm brushing up on some studying (i use that term lightly) and just finished my 3 hrs of check ride prep, which was the last regulation prerequisite other than an oral and practical test sign off by my CFI...

today started out calm but got quite windy, it was 17G24 or so when we wrapped up (now it's smooth and clear, go figure). my steep turns/stalls/ground reference stuff is probably fine, im comfortable with foggles, my xc is planned and thoughtful, and I am close to prepared on the oral stuff. I read the gleim book, reading michael haynes now. I got a 95% on the written.

However, my landings are inconsistent. some of this is a lack of adequate regularity in my downwind/base/final setup, but this is also partly because of a couple new airports and i've been "practicing" soft/short field TO/L.

My soft fields today were crap.. In fact, my regular ones end up softer many times! So, a few questions:

1) Did anyone get away with marginal landings?
2) If I find I'm too fast to execute a particular landing well, during the check ride, should I just go around and try again? Would suck to do that and then mess up, though.
3) Any other thoughts/opinions here?

I'm also working on verbalizing checklists (including departure briefing, climb out and landing checklist).

Thanks,
John

1) Did anyone get away with marginal landings?
2) If I find I'm too fast to execute a particular landing well, during the check ride, should I just go around and try again? Would suck to do that and then mess up, though.
Well, um I hate to admit it, but on my last landing of my check ride, I was asked to do a short field landing and I did no less than two go-arounds. Third time was the charm. Passed but was p*ssed at my performance at the end.

Back