Commercial Airline safety

Nemo

If you look at airlines today, many carriers which are nationalized if not de facto nationalized, have superior service and safety records.

If you look at airlines today, many carriers which are nationalized if not de facto nationalized, have superior service and safety records.
Curious. Name your top 5 "nationalized" airlines with superior service and safety records?

Curious. Name your top 5 "nationalized" airlines with superior service and safety records?
Superior safety and customer experience:

Top Five National Airlines in Not Order
Air New Zealand whose sole lethal crash was the Mount Erebus incident
Emirates
Etihad
Singapore Airlines
Qatar Airways

Honorable Mentions
Finnair
LOT
AirBaltic
Nordica

Ay other softball questions?

I for one cannot want to fly to Argentina once Javier Milei privatizes Aerolíneas Argentinas, but I must concede it was an honor to take a dump on the Emirates shitter. (oh and the pre landing shower was nice too)

I am not going to argue that nationalized is efficient, but when a nation wants to use their airline as a cultural and business ambassador it can be very nice. As much as I loathe to admit it, with the exception of Hawaiian (now Alaska sadly) I think the safety records of those five airlines far exceed any carrier in the US unless you want to include FlexJet et al. As far as customer experience the product those airlines provide compete more closely with private charter in the US than commercial carriers.

1708996522857.png

How expensive are they to fly compared to their competitors and do they make money or are they subsidized?

How expensive are they to fly compared to their competitors and do they make money or are they subsidized?
This was actually a 5th freedom route on Emirates competing with Qantas. Though that latter now a privatized airline for some 32 years I prefer, albeit that Emirati shitter was nice.

Back