Dan Gryder is tweaking the NTSB

PaulS

Dan has an interesting video up about the crash of N4765N and the problem he has with the NTSB in this and other investigations. He's dragging it out, says he has his reasons, but I'm fine with that. I can't figure out what his final goal is here, he is advocating for better pilot training, more transparency and competency in NTSB investigations. He's got my interest, we'll see where it goes, feels like a train wreck waiting to happen, but that may be by design. I'm curious to hear his thoughts on what happened in this fatal accident. RIP to the victims.

I do think he was on to some interesting background information in the strange Citation single pilot crash in Oregon.

Bender Aviation said:
Exactly, he's leeching off their reputation, I doubt they knew who they were getting in bed with for those videos which all came out around the same time. Let's all not forget his spurious claims of pilot suicide in the case of N3RB.
Have those been shown to be spurious?

But on the other @OneCharlieTango ‘s point. He may have more insight into the mindset of the apparent scammer that owned that plane based on his own criminal past history.

Bender Aviation said:
I don't need to meet any such burden of proof, they guy saying a pilot committed suicide before an investigation has even been completed has that burden.
Actually I think in his second or third video on the subject he presented a fair amount of evidence to suggest the pilot was in a life situation where he may well have been motivated to commit suicide. (He was likely looking at the rest of his life on prison.)

I also think the information on how the pilot started the flight and the flight track is very consistent with simply committing suicide by flying high without oxygen.

Though I agree that is speculative until the investigation is complete, I think Gryder in that case presented one of the two or three most likely scenarios. It was not just pure ungrounded speculation.

OTOH, a lot of times he appears to be full of baloney.

Back