Flying Attire

bigblockz8

Just wondering, how do you dress to go flying? 99% of the time how do you dress? There are plenty of situations that call for different dress but in general. I'm personally a shorts, Kapa shirt, and tennis shoe person. I usually opt for a T-shirt if it is too hot out.

I know that just a few years ago people dressed up for everything. Times have changed and it is "acceptable" to dress down. Not that clothes make the pilot or anything.

Here are some example of how a few pilots I know dress:

1. Spencer- Cool guy! Flies barefoot in shorts,aviators,and a T-shirt. Wears flip flops any other time.

2. " Flash"- An older gentleman that has 17,000hrs in the air! Very cool person that just silences a room when he speaks. Not your typical 72yr old! No Mr. allowed here. He wears cargo shorts, a pair of well worn Nike's, and a Guayabera shirt.

3. Dan- Mid 20's CRJ FO. Pre-airline he wore tan cargo shorts and T-shirt.

4. Mr. Roach- Wears a Captain's uniform. He is a student pilot but likes to feel more professional while learning. May look odd but he is confident.

5. Paul- Late teen's, takes a semi casual approach. Jeans, a button down, and a pair of Dockers.

The majority that I know are shorts and T people. I will sort flying attire into the poll answers,

Casual
Semi-Casual
Formal
N/A- Uniform
Other...aka naked

naked-pilot-human-factor-in-aircraft-accidents-david-beaty-paperback-cover-art.jpg

Back