Guy Maher Gone West

Ted

@Guy Maher was a member here but I only saw him on here once or twice. I knew him from the Twin Cessna world, where he was a wealth of knowledge. The man had been flying for something over 40 years and over 20,000 hours of total time, flying Twin Cessnas for Cessna when they were new, and he also flew EMS helicopters. He was a very good and also conservative pilot who didn't push weather or other conditions. His 310B (one of the nicest classic 310s out there) was destroyed in a hangar fire and he had replaced it with a 310Q a couple years ago. He was exactly the person you never expected to die in a crash. Aviation has suffered a great loss, he will be missed.

From Guy, via Cardinal Flyers

“Finally, might it help to reflect on what your close friend would say to you if he knew you were struggling with your flying future over his tragic accident? I can say with absolute certainty that if anything like that ever happened to me in an aircraft, I'd tell anybody who was feeling like you are to take take whatever happened, learn from it, change what bothers you about your risk management as a result, then go out and continue to enjoy one of the greatest gifts God ever gave us - the freedom of flight.”

Back