How do you change your HIMS Dr?

Stegoo_86

Hello,

I'll try to make this as brief as possible. I'm in a deferral for a class 3 med for being on an approved SSRI. I have a BCP as my prescribing doctor, another physiatrist as my therapist, all with who I have a good relationship. I've also completed my FAA Cog exam.

Now with that out of the way, onto my question. I've been working with a HIMS Dr who just seems too busy at this time. My BCP has completed the FAA guide, answering all the bullet points and even writing a letter of recommendation. However, whenever I send this information over to the doctor, they come back with something that seems unsatisfactory. I've been trying to get answers on how to approach this, but they just state that they can't give me any feedback. My BCP has been requesting what he needs to file this properly, but with that kind of answer, I'm stuck in limbo.

I'm not faulting the HIMS doctor, I know they have a lot going on but I feel like I'm just spinning in the mud here. It's really discouraging, and we haven't submitted this to the FAA yet. Should I change my doctor or wait this out...?

I imagine you are paying the HIMS doc good money. Some of them specialize in alcoholism cases and may not have the time or expertise for an SSRI case. I would switch sooner rather than later.

I think the process is contact the new one and confirm they will take your case. Then contact the office staff at the old one and ask that a copy of your entire file be sent to the one. Or have the new doc’s office ask for it - sometimes there is no charge for that.

Back