How to not build an airplane

bluerooster

I started a couple years ago building an airplane in the basement. I sat down at the drafting table, and made up blueprints, and mechanical drawings, out the wazzoo, untill I finally came up with a viable solution.
Low wing, two seat, side by side, taildragger. I "borrowed" research from various certified airplanes, and came up with a workable plan.
I then set it to paper, and started building ribs, Once I had a stack of ribs, It was time to build a spar, and assemble the wing. I had but one problem. Spar is one piece, and 30' long. Wouldn't be a problem, except my basement has a wall, that would prevent anything over about 16'.
So I had an idea :yikes: and decided to build a place in which to build the airplane. I got started on that project about 2 years ago. And it's not ready yet. I've been working on it as I have time and money at the same time. And have been using it for everything except it's intended purpose, even though it's not finished yet. But on the up side, it's been able to pay for it's self. so far

Back