Kit Build/Experimental For Less Than $50K

easik

Someone asked the other day on the current state of GA and my answer was "cost". LSA and Experimental are supposed to be low entry level for flying. Yet just about every LSA I've covered are selling north of $200K fully loaded.

So I'll like to make a list of experimental aircraft you can build for less than $50,000. Finished, not just the cost of the kit. If you know of any, please share. Thanks.

Sonex
Merlin PSA
Saberwing
Zenith CH650... may be?
Kitfox... may be?

Someone asked the other day on the current state of GA and my answer was "cost". LSA and Experimental are supposed to be low entry level for flying. Yet just about every LSA I've covered are selling north of $200K fully loaded.

So I'll like to make a list of experimental aircraft you can build for less than $50,000. Finished, not just the cost of the kit. If you know of any, please share. Thanks.

Sonex
Merlin PSA
Saberwing
Zenith CH650... may be?
Kitfox... may be?
The U.S. distributer for the Savannah S advertises a complete kit with basic instruments and Rotax 912 engine for under $50k with a claimed build time of 350 hours (kit #3 under kit packages.) Link:
http://fly-buylsa.com/Savannah.html

The guy in the video below seems to say the builder had problems with the Rotax engines (sounds like two new ones were tried) in this Savannah and gave up and put in a Viking:

Back