I am a 100%.....

bbchien

I am a little steamed about how some of the posters reacted to the anon vet posting. You guys know who all you are. He might be able to do desk/brain work, but if you don't have a bachelors degree in this economy, ROTSA RUCK.

Military service, at the GRUNT level involves power and duration that many who have not been in the service likely do not comprehend. A long rapid march in 90 degree heat carrying 80 pounds of gear on a trail or on uneven ground averaging 4+ miles per hour....would be impossible with sciatica.

Similarly, to the policeman I described, who had to exert 150 pounds of torso force over a solid minute after a 4 minute 9 mph foot chase.....

Clearly you do not need to do those things to be PIC. However, you certainly cannot exercise you duties as a PVT or E5 for that matter- you will hold the whole platoon back.

Never mind that the injury isn't obvious to the lay person. That appears to be the case with the OP for the closed string.

I'm glad you started this thread.
By the time I read that thread it had been closed.
I thought the posters who criticized the OP were misguided (to put it diplomatically.) At best their comments were irrelevant, at worst detrimental to the whole point of posting anonymously to the medical topics group. The only place their comments were appropriate even if the facts fit their views was in the spin zone group; and their beef was with the government, not the OP.

Old Geek said:
One of the Mods made it clear to me privately that this discussion belongs in the spin zone. Are we opening it up for discussion here or not?
I don't think personal attacks are legit even in the SZ.

Back