Is This Greeting Card in Bad Taste?

I don't think that most people I know who failed a check ride would appreciate that. Perhaps something more inspiration would be appreciated?
I'm looking for the right level of macabre. That seems to be a bit much.

My brother called me about something or other the morning of the day I first soloed. I mentioned to him that I would be soloing later that day, and he asked me for the address of the morgue so he would know where to go to identify the body. My family's sense of humor leans hard to morbid.

Ah - it is for your brother. I agree, more morbid would be better. You need to return the favor.
It's actually for anyone who wants it. The whole site will be devoted to cards for unusual occasions. The kind of cards that Hallmark doesn't sell.

Knowing that my own sense of humor leans toward the macabre, however, I sought additional opinions about that one. There's no point in putting out a card with a sentiment so morbid that no one will download it.

The road kill and cadaver dinner invitations might be over the line, too. I'll wait and see whether any hate mail starts coming in.

I toned it down a tad.

I'd be good with that. Actually I would have been Ok with the original wording. I'm not humble but when I took my check ride I already had in mind a possible outcome of "Well at least I still get to fly." Because under most scenarios the student still gets to fly, even solo, after a failed check ride.

I'd be good with that. Actually I would have been Ok with the original wording. I'm not humble but when I took my check ride I already had in mind a possible outcome of "Well at least I still get to fly." Because under most scenarios the student still gets to fly, even solo, after a failed check ride.
Thanks. Being weird without being excessively morbid is a balancing act; and my scale tips toward the morbid. I appreciate the feedback.

I'm in the process of making three congratulatory aviation-themed cards for: first solo, passed checkride / got license, and passed Part 107 exam / got license. (There's no practical exam for Part 107 at this time.) I do cards in batches of three because rows of three look best on the pages on a desktop browser.

This site is more about fun than money. I may put Amazon ads on it, or maybe an ad for an online card-printing service; but it's mainly an outlet for the weird between my ears. The "Buy Me a Coffee" link does okay on other sites, however; and because it's a free-will gift, there are no worries about refunds, returns, or chargebacks.

ok.

but now for the nitpicking. It's a certificate, not a license. And it's a checkride rather than "test" (right?) or is it called a test now?

ok.

but now for the nitpicking. It's a certificate, not a license. And it's a checkride rather than "test" (right?) or is it called a test now?
Correct, of course. The wording is a concession to search engines.

Although... I probably should add the correct wording to the descriptive text to attract people who actually know the terminology. I'll do that after I finish the client work I'm doing at the moment. Thanks!

Ah, hahaha! Yes that is a bit macabre, but I have macabre sense of humor and it wouldn’t have offended me, but I think your second one is better.
Thanks. Me too. That's why I have to check myself sometimes.

You'd probably like this one, too:

Back