Medical Mistake

I got my first medical when I was 16 about 30 years ago. I (or my parent I can't remembe) put I had eye surgery done went I was first born. Went for next medical about 8 years ago and said no and the subsequent one also said no. Do I make this correction or is it ok since it was previously reported?

I got my first medical when I was 16 about 30 years ago. I (or my parent I can't remembe) put I had eye surgery done went I was first born. Went for next medical about 8 years ago and said no and the subsequent one also said no. Do I make this correction or is it ok since it was previously reported?
If it was previously reported, the FAA can't claim intent to deceive. I'm not sure how long the FAA hangs onto those old records, though. You should request the records the FAA has on you:

https://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/airmen_certification/copy_of_certification_records/

If you find that they still have those records and you see that you had once reported, I don't see why couldn't honestly and without penalty declare "previously reported" on your next medical.

Back