My flight lessons

Richard_Allred

I took my first flight lesson a few days ago.

Attachments

• IMG_1811.jpeg
    IMG_1811.jpeg
    356.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_5912.jpeg
    IMG_5912.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_5916.jpeg
    IMG_5916.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 29
Very scenic place to fly!
I love the scenery!
I met Peter Steinmetz about 2 years ago here at the Afton, Wyoming airport and talked to him about how to become a pilot. I began working towards my goal in August of 2023 and I have since completed the Sporty's Learn to Fly course and passed the Private Pilot Airplane written test. I have my student pilot certificate and my medical certificate as well. I am now working on my flight lessons and I look forward to the incredible experience of my first solo.
I emailed Peter a few months ago about my progress and he told me about this forum. I have enjoyed it a lot. I have found a lot of good information here on Flyers Forum and I like to read what other people have to say about flying.
I am very grateful for Peter helping me know how to get started working towards my pilot license and I hope to achieve my goal within the next few months.

I took my second flight lesson 2 days ago in the Citabria. I practiced slow flight, steep turns, and a box pattern around the airport. I am still not very good at the rudder, and my patterns around the airport are terrible. I overshoot my turns quite a bit on my pattern. I have not done any takeoffs yet but my instructor said that he will have me do the takeoff on my next lesson.
I got a little distracted talking about something else while I was doing the box pattern and my instructor reminded me to keep my focus on flying the plane. That is something we talked about after my lesson and he said you can be distracted on something else and suddenly realize you've lost a lot of altitude unintentionally.
My instructor said I will be practicing stalls on my next lesson as well.

Back