Oregon Requires Pilot Registration?

Keane

We were going over the rules in order to get our plane registered in the state of Oregon, and discovered this:
From the Oregon Dept of Aviation. Not just the airplane needs to register. Who knew?

It has come to our attention that many may not realize there is a law requiring pilots and aircraft based in Oregon to be registered in Oregon and pay the appropriate registration fees. Oregon Revised Statute (ORS) 837 specifically states within 60 days of any type of federal pilot license or registration, the pilot or aircraft must be registered in Oregon. For Oregon-based pilots, this means paying a $12 registration fee for the initial year then $24 for a two year renewal.
I checked the law, and it seems to say exactly that: http://www.leg.state.or.us/ors/837.html
See .025

Interestingly enough, it also says that ALL pilots flying in Oregon are required to register as well, except in Commercial Operations! So, if travel through Oregon, you're supposed to pay the fee.

Is this a legitimate thing? I hadn't heard of this at all, my CFI never mentioned it and I never heard about it before.

N801BH said:
That is a understatement...

Wyoming is.
1- Cold as heck
I was born and raised in Minnesota. So far sounds good.
I've no more hair left to muss - still looking good (me and Wyoming, that is. :wink2:)
3- miserable
Miserable people stay indoors, making it easier to avoid them. So that's a plus.
4- full of indians
Worked with quite a few in silicon valley; great people - no matter what part of India they are from. :wink2:
5- full of bears
Just need to keep the garbage away from them. More people die from dog attacks.
6- full of wolves
In the last 100 years covering all of North America maybe 3 people have died from wolf attacks - allegedly all from contracting rabies.
7- has bugs the size of volkswagons
I grew up in Minnesota, land of 1,000,000 mosquito breeding ponds. Sounds like they're big enough there to at least make good hunting.
8- gonna blow up when yellowstone goes off.
Always enjoyed a good fireworks show.
and a long list of other 'less then desireable' quirks..

I urge EVERYONE to stay away and never think of moving there.
:D:D:D:cool2:

Ben.
If'n you don't want strangers coming in, ya gotta stop advertising all the great high points! :cheerswine:

Back