Questions for fellow pilots!

tav1990

Hey all! I am new here and I was wondering if you could all help me out with something.

First a little about me:

I'm currently a college student and I do have my private pilot's license. I'm currently in a class and we have to do a report about a culture that we belong to. I'm curious to know a little more about the pilot culture. If you guys would not mind answering a couple questions, that would be awesome! :)

1. Being a pilot, do you feel a sense of pride?

2. Do you fly privately or is it your profession? (if its a profession, what is that profession?)

3. How long have you had you pilots license and how often do you fly?

4. How do other pilots generally treat you? (for example, do they treat you with a sense of respect or otherwise? Can you give an example?)

5. How do people who are not pilots treat you after finding out that you are a pilot? (for example, do they treat you with a sense of respect or otherwise? Can you give an example?)

I may come up with a couple more questions later!!! Help a fellow pilot out and either PM me or post on this thread you honest answers!!! :)

Thanks guys!

1. Being a pilot, do you feel a sense of pride?
No.

2. Do you fly privately or is it your profession? (if its a profession, what is that profession?)
Private.

3. How long have you had you pilots license and how often do you fly?
Less than 2 years. But took a ground school course as far back as 1992. Fly between 2 or 3 times a month, on average.

4. How do other pilots generally treat you? (for example, do they treat you with a sense of respect or otherwise? Can you give an example?)
Not any different than if I didn't have a pilot certificate so far as I can tell.

5. How do people who are not pilots treat you after finding out that you are a pilot? (for example, do they treat you with a sense of respect or otherwise? Can you give an example?)
Some treat me like I must have a death wish or that I'm fiscally reckless. Others do not seem to change their attitude from when they didn't know.

Back