Russian pilot ejects, first person footage!

Surprised you can eject that low. Though it seems odd this would be released if it is real. Something odd about it, but without any point of reference I am not sure what to question.

I dunno. Some of the footage looks like it'd been done with a good simulator. The shadows around the rivets, especially.

It looks to me like it's mixed media, some simulator scenes mixed with real world.

Or it could just be artifacts due to low bandwidth.

Then theres' the whole political thing. Would the Russian military authorize the release of video showing one of their planes being shot down? I kind of doubt it. What happens, then, to the poor moujik that released this to the world?

Ron Wanttaja

Russia says it was a training accident.

I’ll translate for you:

MOSCOW, June 17 - RIA Novosti. In the Korochansky district of the Belgorod region, a Su-25 attack aircraft of the Russian Aerospace Forces crashed, the press service of the Western Military District (ZVO) reported.

On June 17, a Su-25 aircraft crashed in the Belgorod region during a scheduled training flight.

The ZVO noted that the pilot ejected. Later, rescuers evacuated him to the home airfield, the pilot was not injured.

According to preliminary data, the incident occurred due to a technical malfunction. A commission of the HQS is working on the spot.

There is no damage on the ground, as the plane crashed in a deserted place. Upon impact with the ground, the attack aircraft exploded, it was completely destroyed.

Would the Russian military authorize the release of video showing one of their planes being shot down? I kind of doubt it. What happens, then, to the poor moujik that released this to the world?
Though the accident does appear to have been confirmed, it does seem odd that it would be released so quickly. The USAF would certainly not permit its release and would not approve pilot wearing a personal "Go Pro." Maybe I am just not trusting enough, but what purpose is there in releasing the footage?

Though the accident does appear to have been confirmed, it does seem odd that it would be released so quickly. The USAF would certainly not permit its release and would not approve pilot wearing a personal "Go Pro." Maybe I am just not trusting enough, but what purpose is there in releasing the footage?
A comment I saw somewhere suggested that the height of the crop (I have no idea what it was - alfalfa??) indicated the crash may have happened sometime in the summer.

Back