Takeoff and land a 172 with 0 Hours

ErnDollas

I was listening to a podcast and heard about a guy who had 0 hours of training in an aircraft but a lot of experience with flightsims. Through talking with his friends he was challenged to takeoff and land with no instruction. The beggining of the video lays it all out. Sorry if this has been posted before, don't know how old it is. If you just want to see him fly it starts about 6 minutes into it. He does have a CFI with him in the plane.

I was listening to a podcast and heard about a guy who had 0 hours of training in an aircraft but a lot of experience with flightsims. Through talking with his friends he was challenged to takeoff and land with no instruction. The beggining of the video lays it all out. Sorry if this has been posted before, don't know how old it is. If you just want to see him fly it starts about 6 minutes into it. He does have a CFI with him in the plane.

http://youtu.be/jJT_CACIZqs
A fellow by the name of Ortis Deley in the UK did the same thing for a TV show. He trained using X-Plane. I believe his attempt predates the other video and I think is more entertaining and more convincing:

jesse said:
Captain seems to think that someone used some super-secret database to obtain his identity in efforts to ... ???

Reality is you can find his identify in about two minutes on Google without using any secret information which is what someone did. I showed him how it could be done via PM. Of course he fails to mention that he was ID'd because he has a public website on his own domain with his name. Why this matters now? I don't know.
When someone uses an anonymous handle, the intent behind it should be honored. If someone closes their house door but fails to lock it, the fact that the closed door is trivial to open doesn't mean it is OK to open it and pee on the owner's carpet.

Back