Was Called a Gullible Moron Today

YKA

Today, I was called a 'Gullible Moron' for donating money to a charity. So my question is this a common way of thinking, or just a grumpy old man who needed to be rude?

YKA said:
My girlfriend's parents and grandfather were over for dinner, and they liked our new puppy as well. My GF mentioned that I got a golden retriever in part because of my friends guide dog being the same breed, and how much I like it. Then she added that I donate yearly to a charity that raises guide dogs for the blind. Well her grandfather blew a gasket, and started yelling and calling me names.
The only other item I might add, in addition to the many thoughtful comments above, is to perhaps consider the implications of this in terms of family dynamics and your relationship.

Don’t have any idea how far the GF relationship is along, how serious, behavior of the other parties, etc. But if the GF’s parents have some of the same tendencies you could be living with that for a long time. Only you can decide if important at all, but just something to possible consider.

Back