Which bike to buy?

ebykowsky

I'm looking to get a new bike and figured a pilot forum would be a great place to ask about it. I'm looking for something around $500 for getting around campus that will last me at least 5 years. I like the idea of going off road and having the abilities of a mountain bike, but since this is not a primary use of the bike, I don't want to sacrifice too much street/city performance for off road ability. Any suggestions?

I'm looking to get a new bike and figured a pilot forum would be a great place to ask about it. I'm looking for something around $500 for getting around campus that will last me at least 5 years. I like the idea of going off road and having the abilities of a mountain bike, but since this is not a primary use of the bike, I don't want to sacrifice too much street/city performance for off road ability. Any suggestions?
I assume you don't need a requirement or modest desire to take it with you in an airplane - or even on buses?

If that is something you'd consider useful, then there are low cost folding bikes. This one seems to have come on the market in the last year and seems to be getting good reviews (only $249):

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AKIN2VQ...TF8&colid=147UAFMW9J6Y5&coliid=I1AYEH6OUYAE4H

Back