• Blue Sky

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Can't Decide

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jim Logajan

Administrator
Staff member
If you scroll down to the bottom of the web page, in the lower left you'll see either "White Sky" or "Blue Sky". When you tap or click on that phrase a "Style Chooser" dialog will appear. By tapping or clicking on the selection not currently displayed you'll change the header graphic at the top of the page. Review the two headers on the machines and browsers you normally use. Then vote on the style you prefer, or as a last resort choose "Can't Decide". If you have any comments or suggestions on the header or any other cosmetic aspect of the forum, feel free to post it to this thread. If you have a comment on non-cosmetic aspects please consider starting a new thread under Site Feedback and Support.
Thank you for your time!

caveat: I have no artistic talents or skills. Having said that, the blue sky graphic provides a nice contrast to the rest of the page.

I went with white simply because more colors makes a page feel too ”busy” to my eyes, but I like the designs equally and almost checked can’t decide, so I could live with either.

The graphic that became the what I labeled the "White Sky" version was modified by the artist from the one below. While intriguing in a gothic sort of way, it didn't seem likely to be as inviting.

FF Header 2.png

It looks like the Blue Sky scheme has edged out the White Sky scheme. We'll keep the voting open for now but I've set the default for new users to Blue Sky.

So the button to choose will remain? Mine is still white.
That is one plan. You should be able to change the default style that you see by either clicking on that button to bring up the Style Chooser or if you click on your name on the top navigation bar to bring up your profile, you can change your default style under the Preferences section (it is the very first preference choice listed.)

what is the size of the file that makes up that banner?

It was interesting to see how slow that graphic loaded today...

Back