WingX 8 is out

Scrabo

From the iTune store...

What's New in Version 8.0.0.0

A lot of V8 power in this significant update and a lot of new features and improvements - here are the highlights including a vastly-improved routing engine with easy editing even if you have fat fingers. This new routing engine with fully selectable DP, STAR, and IAP entry is the primary reason this release took a little more time than other releases:

Two more iPad firsts for WingX Pro7!
● Instrument Approach Chart routing
● WingX Pro7 for Pebble

● Instrument Approach Chart routing - an iPad first - select an approach and WingX Pro7 adds the fixes to your route
● DP, STAR, and IAP routing - add DPs, STARs, and even IAPs to your route - you select the transitions (at both ends).
● New routing engine required to handle DPs, STARs, IAPs, and Airways. WingX Pro7 displays the sections of the route in different colors; DPs are green (as in go), the route is magenta (as previously), the STARs are blue (as in high up, sky...), and the IAP route is red (as in caution).
● Display route by Summary, Turns Only, or All Points
● WingX Pro7 for Pebble - an iPad first - view your next waypoint and destination information such as ETE, ETA, DTK, NM on your watch! You can also set a timer (for fuel for example). Oh, one more thing, WingX Pro7 for Pebble will vibrate when you are 1000' above the destination elevation to remind you to run your checklist! How cool is that?!? Oh, you can even monitor your iPad/iPhone's battery level.
● User-Documents - display them in WingX Pro7's split screen (or full screen) - for example, a sectional on the left and the POH's checklist on the right
● Moving Map performance improvement - lots of new work 'under the hood'
● Remove Auto-N functionality in DUATS, now users enter the N-prefix or not as required
● New-look (much better for night), but we're keeping the same easy-to-use and sparse user-interface.
● Added "Split" button that alternates between full Route column, full A/FD Column, or 50/50 of each (as before).
● Fixed DUATS issue

Note: We have renamed the GeoRef Subscription to the Advanced IFR Subscription. It is just a name change that incorporates the new IAP routing. There is no price change and if you have a current WingX Pro7 georef subscription, you will automatically have a current Advanced IFR Subscription because it is the same thing, just a name change to be more applicable to its function.

Warning: After I upgraded I discovered that all my saved routes appear to have been deleted. :(

EDIT: Actually I can't seem to save routes at all. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Scrabo said:
Didn't have that issue myself, all routes and personal waypoints still there.
What version of iOS are you running? Because I'm using my iPad 2 to test my company's SSL testing product (obviously Apple isn't a customer - yet - and their older SSL is definitely broken) I've kept my iPad 2 at 6.1.3. Not sure if that is the problem, though.

Warning: After I upgraded I discovered that all my saved routes appear to have been deleted. :(

EDIT: Actually I can't seem to save routes at all. Anyone else experiencing this problem?
Aha - the routes are "there" but for some reason WingX on my machine is displaying white space instead of the route names. The attached image shows what appears to be an empty list, but each of those rows contains one of my previously saved routes. If I click on one of the rows then the name of the route momentarily appears in the routes saved dialog and then loads.

Scrabo said:
But creates other issues... :(
I'm sure the issue will be obvious once it is pointed out to me. What is the new problem?

EDIT: Ah - I see now. Screen brightness splits the display. Yuck.

Further edit: Screen brightness split "goes away" with brightness set to maximum. I normally fly with brightness set to max anyway - still - I would expect them to test in landscape mode before publishing a release.

Back