WTH Job Interview

SixPapaCharlie

I just finished a 5 1/2 hour job interview!
Looks like a unique gig. It is a startup with a solid backing

CEO says we have deep pockets so we can pay as well as the big guys. We also give everyone equity in the company.
We are looking to be aquired in 2-3 years and everyone walks away happy.

I think I talked to everyone in the company.

1st question asked at the interview
"Welcome Bryan, Which beer do you prefer Peticolas or revolver?"

Then I am shown this in their break room
attachment.php

Looks like a good gig if I can stomach the drive.
Denton to Downtown Dallas which would be hell but I can come and leave when I want and work from home a couple days a week.

CTO is a pilot and I see this in the entry way (Its a sign right?)

attachment.php

Holy Hell I am beat.
I may take the gig as I have nothing to lose at this point and it will restart my "countdown to ownership"

What a weird day.

I just finished a 5 1/2 hour job interview!
"Welcome Bryan, Which beer do you prefer Peticolas or revolver?"

"Rev-bit, rev-bit."

"Um, well, what do you know about computers?"

"Rib-bit, rib-bit."

(Hours later...)

"While you look to be rather green, your eyes show a burning passion for, um, something. I want to reassure you that you'll find the commute easy since you'll be sleeping at the office during the week, and you'll be allowed to work at home two days of the week - Saturday and Sunday - for the next three years. What do you say to that?"

"Ribbit, ribbit."

SixPapaCharlie said:
I have only been looking for a week, and this is the first response I have gotten.
In that case, keep looking so you have a better perspective on the set of opportunities actually available (yeah, this is probably redundant advice.)

I haven't done any job hunting in about 10 years, but allegedly the job market is better than it has been in a while, so I imagine that you'll uncover more opportunities in the next few weeks - so long as you keep looking for them.

Back