1969 Piper Cherokee 180 with GNS430

I gave my plane to a broker. I'd like to upgrade to a retractible, and so I need to sell my bird first. It's a great plane, reliable and fast thanks to the speed kit. If interested, just connect with the broker. See details below:
http://www.chiav.com/1969PA28180.html
AOPA Vref gives an estimate around $35,800. NAAA Evaluator estimates around $35,500 with a range of $28,000 to $43,750. I may have overlooked something when I entered extras (not sure how much I should use for the speed kit,) but the ask price is definitely on the high side, if those tools are to be believed.

Looks like the engine SMOH eats into any value-add of the GNS 430.

(So to be honest, if I were ready to buy - and that plane would be close to what I'd be looking for - I wouldn't offer more than $37k, but I wish you the best of fortunes in selling it near the asking price. I get the impression used airplane prices may have bottomed, or at least leveled off, in the last couple months.)

Geico266 said:
Agree 100%. To comment on the asking price in a public forum is irresponsible. Classified ads are not asking for comments on the vale, the owner is trying to sell it. :nono:
I'm terribly sorry you feel that way, but if you review past classified ad threads, You will find that people have commented negatively on asking prices. For example, in this thread:

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45568

In still other classified threads, people have commented positively on the value of the item being sold, yet no one, even yourself, said they were inappropriate, as in this thread:

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44443

I could not find anything in the PoA Rules of Conduct that would suggest what I did was against the rules. I tried to use as impersonal and objective references as I could find in support of my observations. I noted that I may have missed something in trying to use those tools and wished the seller the best. Lastly, I stated that I may be close to becoming a buyer soon, hence my interest and reason for commenting.

So I do not believe I was being irresponsible or doing anything new or unique.

SkyHog said:
Am I the only one that gets a bit bugged when people crap on the value of a plane that has been put up for sale here? The Classifieds are supposed to hold posts like this.

Maybe its just me, but it seems that unless you have 1st hand (or 2nd hand) knowledge of a problem of the plane, perhaps best bet might be to avoid saying things like "That's overpriced," or "I'd never pay that!"

Bias alert: I sold my share in my old Cherokee through PoA. If it had been filled with posts like this, I think I would have had difficulty.
Obviously you are not alone in insisting on either no comments or accepting only positive comments on services and merchandise offered in the classifieds. I thought it was clear from the composition of my post that I was using only the information published online. My own bias is as a future potential purchaser. If I posted a "Wanted to buy" ad in the classifieds for a 1976 or later IFR equipped Piper Cherokee 180 with GPS and low time engine and airframe for under $30k, I would fully expect comments pointing out my wishful thinking, even in this market.

wabower said:
So your contention is that damning with faint praise isn't precluded by the POA rulebook?
Someone of allegedly vast experience wrote that I am a naive poster, so doesn't that settle the matter?

Back