1963 Piper Cherokee PA28 150B

poadeleted21

00W has served me well but my training mission for it is nearing completion. Would make a good plane for primary through instrument training. We've taken it all over the PNW on cross countries too.

Time to burn more fuel and pay more for insurance.

Haven't calculated the times lately but Approx 700SMOH 6300TT

The 150 is similar to a 140 with the most noticable difference being that it has a factory baggage door and no hat rack.

In the last 2.5 years, off the top of my head.
New engine baffling
All new hoses (oil cooler, fuel, etc..)
Rebuilt Mags
New tires
New airtex carpet.
new wall panels
new DG
new AI
new VSI
new KI202 CDI
new AK650 annunciator
new Alt Encoder
new filters.
new boost pump

Avionics
--------------------------------------------------------
KLN89B IFR Certified install
KY197
KX155 w/GS
Narco AT150 w/Encoder
PS Engineering integrated 4 place audio w/ dual PTT (and ISO switch)
KMA Audio Panel
AK650 Annunciator
Transponder recently checked but IFR certs just ran out last month.
4cyl EGT
LC-2 Clock timer (wired in)

Interior
----------------------------------------------------------
New Airtex carpet
New wall panels
Serviceable seats (don't quite match, hardly noticeable but they're in 8/10 shape)
Could use a headliner
Plexiglass is servicable but has some crazing and a stop drilled crack on the door window.

Exterior 7/10 paint is all there and not faded but it doesn't shine as well as it used to. I have the wheel pants, I just leave them off for the winter.

Engine (Lycoming O-320) approx 700SMOH no leaks, good compression on all cylinders (Millennium cyl.) and runs strong.

Propeller is fairly new and in great shape (Approx 200hrs on it I think)

Annual due 12/2012
Static Test Certs Expired 5/2012
Transponder Test Current, performed, new encoder installed 02/2012

The Bad
------------------------------------------------------------
Very old damage history (1960s)
Corrosion history that was corrected approx 7 years ago.
Seems the left side fuel sender float has a hole in it (we verified it was working, it just slowly sinks to the bottom) making the left fuel level gauge indicator not so trust worthy. (Will be corrected at next annual if not sold first when SB1006 is complied with)
Could use a headliner
could use new plexiglass
Sometimes the ASI bounces at about rotate speed on takeoff, pitot/static system needs cleaning. (going to have this looked at when I renew the IFR certs soon)
A couple of the EGT probes are inaccurate.

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

Asking $23,000

bartmc said:
5 AMU is for all three aftermarket pants and are the biggest speed boost you can give the PA28 as far as I know. The factory ones all but do nothing, maybe a knot or two on my bird and as you can see, they are not installed. There are some that are only installable by a guy named "Hangar Elph" that are exact replicas of the originals that are CHEAP.

I haven't had any issues with leaky struts for some reason, I wipe em down with hydraulic fluid every now and then because they'll stick otherwise. it's always interesting to land and then have one strut compress when you make the turn off. I just tell PAX that I didn't land hard enough. 🤣
Laminar Flow Systems seems to have a nose wheel faring (only) for $225 that they claim adds 2 to 3 mph:
http://www.laminarflowsystems.com/lfs_nose_fairing.htm

Back