1961 Piper Colt - $15K OBO

RyanShort1

1961 Piper Colt - $14.5K OBO

So after the Taylorcraft saga ended I still wanted to be able to get around... and bought this Colt thinking I'd get something I could commute back and forth to Boerne with and maybe teach in it a bit when I'm in home territory. In the mean time we've had a baby, and I've decided that I'm done commuting as soon as possible. She's a good ship, but I just really want a Taylorcraft to use locally... and I'm looking hard. So, she's for sale...

Here are the main specs. Will add more when I have time to go grab the logs:

600 SMOH
Annual 7/13
Good fabric
call 2one0-nine02-03seven2 for more information.

I'm willing to negotiate a bit, but I don't want to lose my shirt right now...

00Q0Q_kzgkWDMPYg8_600x450.jpg

Ryan

How well would the fabric hold up being kept outside at a tie down rather than in a hangar? For example, where I'm at the inclement weather consists of rain, some occasional sleet, maybe some light frost and a few inches of snow once or twice a winter. The Cessna 152s and 172s I rent are tied down outside all year round.

The questions don't mean I'm a prospect, but I suspect the perceived need for hangaring may be one reason it hasn't moved yet at that price.

bartmc said:
Those guys typically want $25k-$50k minimum loan amounts and won't entertain loans on aircraft over 50 years old. He's not going to find many options that are going to take the plane as collateral. I PMed him a guys name who is the president of a bank and also a pilot just down the road from him who might work with him.
AOPA's loan calculator page says their minimum loan amount is $10k:

http://finance.aopa.org/Loan-Calculator.aspx

Their loan page FAQ claims age of aircraft is not typically a factor - since the average age of used aircraft is now around 40 years, 50 is sadly probably close to typical.

Back