Antidepressant question EMA

GeorgeU

Hi everyone I’m new here. I am a sophomore in college and realized that what I want to do is fly. The college I’m looking at transferring to requires you to get medical certificate before being accepted. I am currently on Cymbalta. I know that is not approved by FAA. From my understanding I would need to discontinue use for two months for me to pass my medical? How would the EMA know that I’ve been on Cymbalta?

I am not making any specific recommendation, but do think it is important to be objective when talking about this type of legal issue.

The potential penalties when lying are severe. The odds of being caught, based on the total number of cases pursued by the FAA on record, are likely low, because the FAA trusts people.

I am not aware of anyone actually doing any prison or jail time on this, but certificates have certainly been pulled and civil penalties assessed.

Additionally, most of the better AMEs will not even try to straighten out a case involving falsification.

Carefully consider how you choose to answer this type of question under penalty of perjury.

Back