Class 3 Medical and Past Medications

LoganLee

I was searching doing a bit of research online regarding a class 3 medical and medications which lead me to a few post on this site. I read a lot of them where someone was taking things they weren't prescribed, diagnosed with things etc. But I have a more specific questions as it relates to my situation. Now let me first say I have NO intention of lying about anything, trying to get away with anything etc. It's always been a dream of mine to get my private pilots license but if its not meant to be then it is what it is... on to my concern.

I'm 40 now but a few years back I was having a rough time at work staying concentrated. Working 12+ hours a day and just had a ton of stress on me that normally I wouldn't have but it was a rough time at the company. A buddy at work noticed and told me he had similar issues and he ended up having ADHD. I say I don't think that can just spring up on me and I don't think I have that issue. But he got it in my head and while I don't go to the doctor for just anything I felt well hell I should make sure I don't have an issue. Told the doctor how things were at work and I told him I just didn't want to get to a point where maybe I'd lose my job when maybe there was a medical issue I neglected which could have fixed things. Through our talks (theirs a bit of a language barrier with this doc also) he asked if I smoke, I said I used to but I quit and started using an eCig. He said well I'm going to prescribe you WellButrin which can help with some of what your dealing with and make you not want to smoke the eCig either. Great. Well that medicine made me sick to my stomach. So the next month I went in, told him I can't take this stuff. He then prescribed me Adderall. He never said I had ADHD, I never talked to any other doc, never seen a psychiatrist, was just prescribed these meds. All they did was make me super awake at work. Some weeks I wouldn't even take the stuff. Eventually things calmed down at work and whatever was causing my focus issues wasn't an issue any longer, I wasn't even taking the Adderall anymore and told the doctor I didn't need these things and wasn't going to be filling them any longer. I looked at my eChart medical history today and ADHD is not listed on there either. No idea why he went from WellButrin to Adderall to begin with.

I was also being prescribed Percocet for lower back pain as well but I hate being on medication so eventually I got in the gym, strengthened my lower back, started yoga, got a standing desk and got off those horrible things!

Today I take nothing but a multivitamin.

I've been saving money to finally do all this. Next week I was going to do a discover flight and signup for flight school. While researching what all I'd need to do, making a list, I ran across all this and that got me wondering if I'm screwed before I even get started? If I'd be denied a class 3 due to previous medications? I guess I could still do a sports license if I can't get a class 3 medical but I'd hate to just stop there with that being my ceiling.

Sorry this had to be so long, just wanted to provide context and not excuses, I don't feel I've done anything wrong. If anything I'm happy I recognized they had me on medications I simply didn't need to be on and got off them. Thanks for reading it even though I"m sure you probably saw the title, rolled your eyes and though "oh another one of these questions" :)

Back