Engine outs on FAA Private checkride

OzPilot

Aviate, Navigate, Communicate....

That being said, If my DPE tomorrow pulls power at <2000 AGL (and near a dirt/grass strip etc), are they expecting a MULTICOM broadcast on my simulated engine out approach if there are no designated frequencies for that field?

I generally keep a listening watch on all approaching field frequencies, so it is easy enough for normal fields to get the broadcast.

Cheers

(If yes, would it be 122.9 in most areas of Philadelphia?)

OzPilot said:
Is MULTICOM used for uncharted airfields without a published frequency in the USA? In Australia, i'd just use CTAF 126.7 if unpublished (or published with that freq)
It is my understanding that in the U.S. 122.9 is the MULTICOM frequency for airports having no UNICOM or published frequency. On one practice engine out into a private grass runway, I switched to 122.9 and announced something like "Daniels traffic, Cessna 62H east of field practicing simulated engine out, will cross over field for left downwind onto north bound runway, Daniels." (I couldn't remember their runway numbers, and they were painted on the field.) This seemed to be OK by CFI, who, I recall, thought the radio call perhaps redundant for that field.

Back