Help. Is it worth it to begin to pursue a career in aviation?

Christian732

I am planning on beginning flight school here in a couple months and am very excited. I just scheduled appointments to complete my first class medical with an AME and got a little discouraged when registering with the FAA and getting to their arrest questions. Here's the quick rundown of my mistake in college (about 5 years ago):

When I was 20 years old (6 months from being 21) I was arrested with DWAI. My BAC was 0.025, but the problem was that I was still underage. The DWAI got dismissed (no conviction) and I plead guilty for careless driving-no injury. I attended a victim impact panel and a level 1 alcohol class as part of my plea agreement.

How detrimental will this be to my future career as a pilot? In the explanation box I plan on stating that I was arrested for DWAI but was never convicted and charges were dismissed, but I am not sure if I should disclose my BAC or my age at the time.

This one event changed my life entirely and nothing has been quite the same since, I have become extremely cautious regarding personal choices. Thank you.

Back