I think I screwed up majorly with my medical - please help

floopiedoopie

I filled out the form on medxpress. It's the FAA's new electronic application system. Being the honest person that I am, I made sure to put down that many years ago I had a suicide attempt, was diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder, dysthymia, and insomnia. I also added that now my current diagnosis is only ADHD.

My instructor lost his crap and told me I will spend the next two years of my life jumping through 5 figure$ hoops just to get a class 3 medical.

They state here (under 'How long will ...') that applications are deleted after 60 days if you do not go for an examination.

Should I just let the application be deleted after the 60 day period that they state and not submit that information next time? I definitely don't have tens of thousands of dollars and dozens of hours to spend getting every psych evaluation that exists. This greatly upsets me as flying is my only real passion.

floopiedoopie said:
Was the thread closed or something? I can't see my original post
Was there a web link in your first post? I believe all such posts from recently registered users are held for moderator approval, so they don't show up right away.

Otherwise try posting it again.

Back