Interview with a former Boeing manager about the Max problems

It is a cool story, but begs credulity, I am fairly sure you would notice the aircraft type before boarding.

To the point though, the sad reality is that Boeing just does not care that much, it can still fill its order books and any airline cancelling a 737-Max order to get a A321 is going to have to wait a while or pay more. I honestly do not think most of the traveling public knows what they are flying on.

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    29.6 KB · Views: 20
Boeing was too busy buying back their own stock and beefing up executive pay to care about product safety. As I noted before, the FAA and the Federal Government generally need to step in and put safety ahead of the shareholders.

It is amusing that for their own executives Boeing does not even use its own aircraft.

I think it is fair to say that Boeing and the FAA are a textbook example of regulatory capture. With no competing American company it is in the interest of the regime to support Boeing and in the interest of Boeing to support the regime.

"They were concerned about the safety of their fucking stock price" does pretty much encapsulate it. The issue here is that if a COMAC jet crashed there would be a show trial and an execution, it might not be the responsible party, but heads would roll. In the US nothing will happen.

Unless there really is such a thing as an AMP mechanic?
Not that I'm aware of within the FAA system.

But one little detail that always seems to be missing from articles such as these is that the rank and file working the hangar floor also have "incentives" to not report mistakes or other production delays. Its not just C-suite who has to lose. You'll find most of Boeings union contracts stipulate production bonuses when they the workers meet certain production benchmarks.

I agree Richard, it does sounds suspicious. It doesn't strike me that it would be worth it to Boeing to arrange this, but others have pointed out, it could be some political thing. OTOH, lot's of people who say things like that who do end up actually committing suicide. I don't know.

I agree Richard, it does sounds suspicious. It doesn't strike me that it would be worth it to Boeing to arrange this, but others have pointed out, it could be some political thing. OTOH, lot's of people who say things like that who do end up actually committing suicide. I don't know.

Extralegal entities like the Mafia are one thing...a (nominal) legitimate business is entirely another. Not saying they COULDN'T find a pro, but they're far more likely to come up with someone who botches the job or spills the beans as soon as the cops start questioning them. Way, WAY more risk if everything doesn't go perfectly. If you're (for instance) a VP at Boeing, how would you go about finding a reliable pro to do a job like that? How much are you, personally, risking? What if the guy your friend-of-a-friend finds is actually a cop?

If you committed some sort of civil malfeasance that the whistleblower may potentially uncover, your company will handle your legal defense. They AIN'T going to do that if you try to hire a hit man. Do it yourself? Man, the CSI folks are *really* good these days, and cops know what a legitimate suicide looks like.

Personally, I blame Hollywood. By the time someone reaches their 20s, they've seen dozens, if not hundreds, of TV shows and movies where the baddies tell their Persons of Hench to "Make it look like suicide," or "Make it look like an accident." So to them, if a real-world incident happens, they're all too willing to believe some sort of malicious outside entity was at fault.

Doubt it's that common. And, in a case like this, counter-productive...better to leave one person complaining on Twitter, than to generate hundreds who believe you had him silenced.

If the man was sufficiently PO'd at Boeing, I can see him telling folks that he WASN'T going to kill himself, just to cause a furor to erupt if he does so.

Big fan of Occams Razor. If you're sitting at a McDonalds in Tucson late at night and hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.....

Ron Wanttaja

it could be some political thing.
The whole Boeing thing has become nothing but a political circus. Everyone is trying to position themselves for the best effect without regards to which processes, or lack of, actually resulted in the plug exiting the aircraft in flight. Unfortunately its not the first time politics has entered into the arena of an aircraft incident/accident.

But if you want elevate the suspicious nature of whistleblowers death, just remember his issues also pointed to the union and non-union workers on the floor in NC. And since about 2014, the overall union issues have been slowly boiling under the surface. Regardless, I don't think there was nothing suspicious in his death.

I definitely agree that it was most likely suicide.
The first video I saw on YouTube on this the comments were filled with people saying things like "whistleblower" and "found dead" in the same sentence sounds suspicious. They feel like it was murder.
But I imagine John Barnett may have said that if he dies under any mysterious circumstances is not suicide and then killed himself trying to bring more heat on Boeing.
This seems similar to the Jeffery Epstein's death where quite a few people feel it was homicide because of the conditions surrounding his death, even though the 30 out of the 31 people that investigated his cause of death said it was suicide.

Here is another video I saw about John Barnett. I don't know why he would have committed suicide but it doesn't sound like he had any enemies who would have killed him.

Back