Not progressing on IFR learning

bflynn

I'm running low on my ability to progress on learning the IFR information for the test. Does anyone have suggestions on how to break past the plateau?

I've used the King course, multiple sections of Pilot Edge and read many documents, most of which put me to sleep.

At this point I'm pretty consistently scoring 60-70 on practice tests, so hey, I've learned 2/3 of it. My goal is 80+ and I'm just not moving forward. I don't have the most recent test, but I'm making mistakes across the board, there's no area that I feel really confident in.

I'm somewhat opposed to a "drill and kill" course, especially since

I'm running low on my ability to progress on learning the IFR information for the test. Does anyone have suggestions on how to break past the plateau?

I've used the King course, multiple sections of Pilot Edge and read many documents, most of which put me to sleep.

At this point I'm pretty consistently scoring 60-70 on practice tests, so hey, I've learned 2/3 of it. My goal is 80+ and I'm just not moving forward. I don't have the most recent test, but I'm making mistakes across the board, there's no area that I feel really confident in.

I'm somewhat opposed to a "drill and kill" course, especially since
For the test, I would suggest drill and kill. The Dauntless flash cards app works quite well for that.

It is good to study and really know the material, as that helps in your actual flying. But to pass the test, I would just use Dauntless (or something similar).

Back