Steps for class 3 medical

Hawkeyes

Hey everyone!

I've done some reading and searching on this forum regarding the basic best practices for getting my medical. I wasn't able to find any overview type thread and am hoping you can help. I'm sorry, as it's possible this is covered somewhere.

You've advised me not to assume I can pass the medical, which is sound advice. You've also advised don't just fill out forms and stroll in to an AME. I haven't heard anything that would preclude me (altho I do have some colorblindness for shades of red/yellow and am not sure exactly what the FAA can see/find), but it does seem complex with lots of gotchas.

What is an ideal path to getting this done? Do I need an in-person consult with an AME first, to make sure I have my ducks in a row? Is there some kind of checklist of things I should gather? Would TurboMedical be a good idea and effectively accomplish this, so I could schedule the physical with an AME? With the current pandemic lockdown, I'd like to get this scheduled in June and move forward as efficiently as possible.

Thanks in advance!

Back