Feeling Defeated - 3rd class SI

Stegoo_86

Hey All,

I had been deferred for being prescribed an SRI (Zoloft). I have everything checked off the list, but my Cog-screen came back with issues. Furthermore, the examiner described that I wasn't forthcoming enough in regards to my medical conditions. I personally disagree, as I told them everything. However, the test you take to determine this is more than 564 questions. I answered to the best of my ability, but this was reported as extreme defensiveness.

I was recommended to take more counseling with another doctor if I wanted to take the test again. Here is where I'm at....

All of this is my own fault. I would've qualified for a basic med but failed to look into it. Now my medical is in limbo. I feel that the HIMS dr and the neuro-psych have no report with me. I have my prescribing BCP that I know well, and my therapist. I've worked with them for many years, and these doctors know me well. I also have a great report with them. I know that the flight surgeon takes all things into consideration, but with the stain on my report, I don't feel that this will go over well. I have no aspiration to be a commercial pilot, just wanted to get my instrument rating and fly my friends. A part of me wonders if I should continue to pressure this and work it out, but another part of me just feels that, "it is what it is." Maybe if I'm lucky the regulations will change and Basic med will become a direct path for those of us in my situation.

Should I stick to the path? Maybe try to find a new HIMS or neuro-physc? Is it even worth it at this point?

Normally “inconclusive” means you answered some of the questions inconsistently too often and so the results f the test will not be valid. You are normally then given other exams to look for pertinent psychological characteristics - probably already were.

This will be combined with other factors in your neuropsychology and neuropsychiatric exam and any comment on it should be in the report. Your AME should receive those reports in making an application. You should be able to get a copy of them.

So the impact of this test result will depend on a lot of other observations during the exam.

Back