Will one time alcohol treatment, no prior history of dependency or abuse, prevent me from 1st class?

Anon

Hello!

So, I am currently a flight attendant, seriously considering getting a PPL (and eventually an ATP), have been working for an airline for about 4 years now. I was on a leave from work for the last 6 months, in that time I focused on finishing a coding bootcamp intensive program (online) and just came back to flying this month, all good. On graduation day (about a month ago, early February) instructors and classmates celebrated through videochat while playing silly online party games, drinking and having fun.

It must be noted that I rarely drink (one or two Bud Lights a month is about as much as I do, socially). However, this day of celebration I drank about 3/4 of a bottle of rum mixed with coke (cola soda), which lead to alcohol poisoning and me being admitted into ER (lame, I know, but please don't judge).
Treatment was simple IV serum to hydrate and I was discharged in a few hours that same evening with no other incidents. No legal issues or anything else happened. The hospital did not get my insurance information. Will this forbid me from getting a First Class Medical?

Back