Another new guy- and another med question

crawdaddyjc

i am preparing for my class 3 med. i have a physical scheduled with my primary care physician. I have printed off the Comprehensive Medical Examination Checklist to take with me. I have no adverse medical conditions, no alcohol/ drug issues and am currently taking no meds. I have had ACL surgery and tonsillectomy. No other surgeries. I do go to chiropractor for “cracking and alignment” not due to existing conditions- but for wellbeing.

I have looked for any additional documents to provide my primary care physician to make sure i am good to go for when i schedule my appointment with an AME. Is there anything else i should take to be checked/verified prior to AME appointment? (Not counting the Comprehensive Checklist).

I plan to schedule my AME appointment for the same day i meet with the RI to certify and submit student pilot certification.

Thanks for any additional information!

crawdaddyjc said:
Just wanted to provide update: issued 3rd class this morning! Total non-event! I think i had myself worked up more than i should have- but i wanted to be sure i would get issued with no chances of deferral or denial.
I am curious - what happened between January and now in terms of the medical - if you don’t mind sharing.

Michael A said:
Also this is an actual question because I am not sure but if i didnt believe it would do anything myself would the placebo effect apply? I genuinely left saying it was a waste of time until i realized i had gone almost 24 hours with no memory loss for the first time in months. Also i know that placebos are capable of some pretty impressive things but you agree this case seems too extreme right?
I agree that it sounds like placebo effect of some form. Patient’s belief or disbelief is not a primary determining factor - it can work either way. Or just spontaneous remission.

Back