EAA locked my thread?! Huh!

Jim Rosenow

Wow! Been on the internet pretty much since DARPA cut it loose, and this is a first for me! Those who have been around for awhile know I'm not a real confrontational sort of guy. I am however a believer in freedom of speech (and yup, I know it's their site to do what they want with), so I leave it to you sages of the internet to help me understand why. Also willing to discuss the topic more fully in this neutral arena, as the group so chooses This is my 50th, and become my last, year of supporting EAA. It saddens me.

http://eaaforums.org/showthread.php?10015-Web-Cams

Jim, I just had a quick look at that thread. I agree your posts were quite reasonable and personally would not be inclined to remove them. I share your strong dislike of censorship, even when performed legally by private entities.

I suspect EAA’s best move here would be a calm explanation of their reasoning. They are a aviation supporting non-profit, so most people will likely be sympathetic with their needs.

wanttaja said:
The Forum DOES include a link to the Rules. They're in the basement of EAA headquarters (mind you, the lights and stairs are out), in a locked file cabinet labeled, "Beware of the leopard."
View attachment 98524

(This link is not displayed on the main forum page...only on the sub-forums).

Ron Wanttaja
Wow. I had thought about joining recently, but given this, makes me have second thoughts.

Back