It it all worth it?

Challenged

Just saw this A36 Bonanza fatal accident: https://www.kxan.com/news/texas/plane-crashes-on-a-fredricksburg-road/1708867284 Curious about it, I decided to look up the N number of the airplane involved and it belongs to the man who just sold me my Bonanza. He said he wanted to upgrade to an A36 to give his family some more room, and he was so excited about it. He was honest and friendly and fair, it couldn't have been an easier transaction and enjoyed chatting airplanes with him. I've had all sorts of thoughts swimming around in my head every since I came across this. Ugh.

maj75 said:
I can’t think of anything more dangerous that thinking that because I once had IFR training, I could fly in “actual” IFR conditions.
I would agree with many others here that the training is well worth it in any case. It makes you a more precise pilot. It is not legal to take an instrument clearance if you are not instrument current in any case.

It is also quite good training to have if you are flying night VFR and could be a life saver in an emergency.

Back