Medical records

TRC1969

I have been reading a lot about medical
Records and the FAA having access to those records for whatever reason. Can someone clear this up for me? And how big of an incident does it take to trigger a deep dive. Obviously if you land on the taxiway (Harrison Ford) they are going to look but what about minor things. Just wondering? Thanks

TRC1969 said:
I’m just frustrated with the whole medical process.I understand that if your heart health is questionable you probably should be checked throughly, but proving that a long ago health issue no longer affects your ability to fly seems like simple government over reach. Hell medicine has along pretty far in the last 30 years. It seems like the AME exam should carry more weight than it does. Seems like the FAA worries a lot about what was instead of what is.
There is no good evidence that this entire FAA aeromedical process for GA pilots improves aviation safety at all. Some to say maybe it does and some to say it does not matter.

The system grew out of the military screening for the best pilot candidates in WWI and was adopted by the CAA without too much thought and has continued until today without much serious testing of this hypothesis. Also has grown more intrusive and bloated over the years.

At least basic med was a big improvement and will yield some important data. But presently one just has to go through the system...

Back